Ace Instruments is a locally owned and operated instrumentation and electrical company who sets the standard in providing the highest quality services, products and solutions. We believe our success is driven by our employees and strive to ensure that everyone at Ace Instruments is supported and a valued part of the team.
Ace Instruments Ltd is currently seeking Journeyman Electrician to join our field services team.
Reporting to the E&I Manager. The role of Electrician requires technical skills to ensure all electrical systems and equipment are effectively maintained and safely operated in accordance with Ace Instruments standards of performance, policies and procedures.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, troubleshooting and maintaining electrical equipment such as contactors, motors, generators, VFD’s, lighting and fire suppression systems
- Perform emergency repairs to meet customer needs
- Oversee the safe and efficient completion of jobs
- Able to interpret and redline electrical drawings, schematics and P&ID drawings
- Ensure facilities and personnel comply with Ace Instruments safety, health, environment and risk standards
- Other tasks as required
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Competent using equipment applicable to the maintenance of control systems;
- Experienced with the interpretation of technical reference documents;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Proven ability to work effectively alone and in a team environment;
- Have a flexible work schedule
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Hold safety tickets as required by industry
- Strong knowledge in electrical and code would be an asset
- Fully competent and current with all Health, Safety and Environment standards and training.
- Journeyman and preferably red seal certified; Electrician
- 5 Years of related experience in the oil & gas industry
- Previous experience working with high pressure natural gas would be considered an asset
Ace Instruments offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume using the following form, or by fax: 250-785-1209.